Woolverstone Marina, on the River Orwell, Suffolk
Note: Please use a soft, foldable bag as suitcases are difficult to store on board.
You can, of course, unpack on board and leave your suitcase in your car.
Pictured here are some things to bring
- soft bag
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- warm hat
- wet weather gear
- soft, non-marking shoes
Please bring with you…
• Enough changes of clothes to last the number of days you are sailing, plus one extra set. (Always worth having a spare.)
• Select clothes that are comfortable, T-shirts and the like.
• Casual clothing suitable for shore wear (we sometimes visit a pub for a meal or drinks)
• Warm jumper and Fleece
• Soft (non marking) shoes
• At least 2 pairs of warm socks
• Sleeping bag (essential)
• Towel & wash kit (a bag to carry your wash kit to the shower blocks and back is handy too)
• Suntan lotion & lip salve (yes, even in England)
• Torch with fresh batteries
• Woollen hat, scarf or snood
• Gloves and Sun hat or baseball hat
• Shorts (always optimistic)
• Own medical items, Passport if going foreign. Some money for a café/pub
• Sea boots (don't buy these if you don't have a pair, a 2nd pair of soft shoes will do)
• Own waterproofs, if you own them. Otherwise these an be used free of charge
• Flip-flops or other slip-on shoes for wearing to the shower blocks.
• Ear plugs, to keep on good terms with those who may snore!
• An evening beverage of your choice + mixer, if needed.
The following items are provided as part of the course…
• Pillow and pillow case
• Approved life jacket and harness
• Use of waterproofs
• Clean fleece under blankets for each course
• Shearwater T Shirt, RYA Log book, Certifcate. Documents folder.